MLC MasterKey Investment Protection
Growing super, even after retirement, is essential to building the wealth needed for a secure and comfortable retirement. That's why it's important for investors to protect their balance if the market falls, and lock in gains (on the anniversary of their investment start date) if the market goes up. MLC MasterKey Investment Protection helps investors to deal with the changing market today.
MLC MasterKey Investment Protection is available to investors aged 50 or older, who have an MLC MasterKey Super & Pension Fundamentals account, with eligible MLC Horizon and MLC Index Plus investment options.
Investors can choose the type of protection that best suits their retirement plan:
- Protected Capital over 10 or 20 years
- Protected Income over 10 or 20 years
Protect your capital over 10 or 20 years
With the Protected Capital feature investors have the:
- security of knowing their retirement savings are protected
- potential to grow their investment and lock in market gains each year, and
- confidence to invest in a diversified growth portfolio.
If the market goes up, whatever amount an investor’s investment has increased to on their investment anniversary is locked in. And if the market falls, the investor doesn’t have to worry because their money is protected.
Protect your income for 10 or 20 years
With the Protected Income feature investors have the:
- certainty of knowing their income in retirement is protected
- potential to increase their income payments
- potential to grow their fund balance for later in retirement, and
- choice of when they start receiving their income once retired.
If markets go up or you add to the investor’s investment while in super, their protected income payments have the potential to increase. And, once the investor starts receiving their income payments, they have the confidence of knowing their income is protected for the rest of the term.
How to invest
For more information on MLC MasterKey Investment Protection please speak with your financial adviser.