Redpoint Global Infrastructure Fund
Fund description: The Fund invests in a well-diversified global portfolio of listed infrastructure securities and is substantially hedged to the Australian dollar.
Investment approach: Redpoint’s method of choosing and weighting listed infrastructure securities is different from the Benchmark’s. Redpoint believes it can capture the asset class returns available more effectively from the wide range of investment opportunities around the world.
To meet the investment return objective, Redpoint:
- considers investments from a wider universe of companies than the Benchmark;
- holds companies that are not in the Benchmark and excludes some companies that are; and
- often holds companies at significantly different weights to the Benchmark.
Redpoint selects and weights companies according to two components: strategic and dynamic.
The strategic component reflects the wider universe and ensures the Fund is not concentrated in a small number of larger capitalisation companies.
The second stage is a dynamic component that involves an assessment of each company. Redpoint references a wide range of quantitative and qualitative data and information to analyse a company's:
- dividend yield: higher dividend yields can help boost income from the Fund’s investments;
- financial leverage: Redpoint limits exposure to excessive leverage; and
- sustainability: Redpoint believes that managing the Fund's exposure to take into account certain labour standards and economic, environmental, social and corporate governance factors can enhance long term returns.
The Fund aims to deliver a return (after fees) that exceeds the Benchmark over rolling 5 year periods.
APIR code PPL0031AU Inception date 3 April 2012 Benchmark FTSE Developed Core Infrastructure 50/50 Index (hedged to Australian dollars) with net dividends reinvested. Minimum suggested timeframe
(Please note this is a guide not a recommendation).
Management fee 0.70% p.a. of the Fund’s net asset value (including GST net of Reduced Input Tax Credit). Minimum initial investment $20,000 Minimum additional investment $1,000 Risk level High: While the Fund offers investors the potential for higher returns over the long term compared to funds investing in other types of assets such as fixed income or cash, the high level of volatility in the Fund means the likelihood of the value of your investment going down over the short term is relatively higher. Distribution frequency Quarterly Indicative asset allocation ranges
International listed infrastructure securities (hedged): 92%–98%
Australian listed infrastructure securities: 2%–6%
Cash and cash equivalents: 0%-2%
Typical number of stocks 100-140 Research ratings Lonsec: Rated
The above is just a snapshot of the Fund's terms and features. Further terms and conditions are set out in the Fund's PDS.
|Effective date||Entry price||Exit price|
How to invest in the fund
Speak to your Business Development Manager for more information on available platforms.